Cross-country running is a little different from road running in that you can use your road running equipment, but experience has taught us that it is best to buy some special equipment for yourself. In addition to the obvious difference in shoes, cross-country running requires some special equipment. Many times you have to bring your own food and water, and you have to consider safety, and you have to think about comfort. 9 items of equipment should be carried as far as possible.
1. Jacket. Generally, weather changes are unpredictable in areas where you can train for a cross-country run, so a lightweight jacket is a must. It will protect you from rain, wind, and most importantly, air.
2. T-Shirts. It is important to choose a T-shirt that is comfortable, wear-resistant and well-fitting. Good designs often include the following features: seamless structure, low friction, and special knitting for perspiration spots.
3. Cross-country hydrating backpack, wild training must carry food and water for a long time, is essential to an appropriate bag, vest, adjustable shoulder straps, elastic fiber with water bag, chest kettle bags, waist grocery bag, these design can provide the most suitable way of straps, provide the best comfort, and can carry need food and water for a long time, Even a small amount of clothing and first aid kit and other miscellaneous items.
For short training or races, some minimalist runners will choose a suitable handheld water bottle, with a small amount of room in the bag for energy gels, keys and other items.
5. Leg binding, fast running on different terrain in the wild, will make gravel, mud or snow splash into the shoes. Determine the size and thickness of the brace depending on the training environment and whether it will match your shoes. Finding the right brace can save a lot of hassle for training or racing, and even more for those who are not used to it.
6. Socks: choose socks according to personal preference, and choose whether they are compressed, tall or short according to habits. Suitable socks can provide better comfort, prevent foot blisters, rocks or dust into the shoes, some socks can also provide additional protection, have best compression function, there are some special cross-country race or outdoor sports socks, they use the latest nylon material, its performance is very good. You'd better buy a black one. You can't see it when it's dirty.
7. Mountaineering poles, according to the training or competition road conditions to choose whether it is necessary, some races prohibit the carrying of alpine poles, so in normal training, we must pay attention to, reasonable use of alpine poles. Alpine poles provide additional balance and stability, especially on roads with significant elevation rises and falls. , now the alpine pole using very advanced materials, both light strength and high, can be folded, occupy less space, can basically ignore the weight burden.
8. Scarves, do not use traditional cotton scarves, the current technology fabric has good water absorption and air permeability. Headbands are also called magic headbands, which indicate a variety of functions. If you can bring one, it is not a hassle, but it is not necessary.
9. First aid kit. Choose whether it's necessary to carry a first aid kit or what to pack in it depending on the terrain and the harshness of your training.
10. The most important thing is shoes. Cross-country running shoes have some characteristics that are more suitable for walking on rugged mountain roads, such as anti-skid outsole, etc. Good cross-country running shoes are similar to light hiking shoes.
Note: Fortunately, most of the equipment can also be used during road running training, or for hiking and other sports. Don't forget hats and glasses